A New PittCat Library Catalog is Coming in July 2020!
The 20+ year old PittCat Classic, PITTCat+ , and PITTCat for the Health Sciences, are being replaced with a brand new PittCat that will help you to…
- Stay current:
- Find current, high quality articles by limiting by publication date, author, journal, peer reviewed, and more
- Accurate known item searching of articles and books using an “exact match” feature
- Request from Interlibrary Loan and more right from within PittCat, without having to rekey information
- Easily email, export, or print documents and citations for your personal library
- Easily accessible search history button shows you what you’ve already searched and easily allows you to retrace your steps so you don't waste time
- Loan period for most items will be one full year and more types of materials, like films, DVDs and print journals, will be able to be checked out
- Article and book suggestions based on your search
- Browse the stacks using PIttCat’s new “virtual browse” feature
Help your students:
- Your students can easily search for your reserve items using the “course reserves” option
- Limits to “scholarly and peer reviewed”, or, to a particular source, like “Wiley Ejournals” to help your students easily find high quality articles for their papers
- Easy to use options to save, print, download, export, and format citations you find
Learn more about the project in this University Times article!
Bookmark this page to keep up to date with this project, to see tip sheets and intro videos, find virtual pop-ups for a chance for some hands on time, and other ways to take the new catalog for a spin!